26 Oct 2017
We are asked multiple times if our properties are ski in ski out or if a property is located at Alta or Snowbird. If you have been to Alta and Snowbird before, you will know that this is not a simple explanation.
1. Alta and Snowbird are connected with the bases about a mile apart. Alta is located up-canyon from Snowbird.
2. You can ski back and forth between the resorts with the combined Alta/Snowbird Lift Pass.
3. Any property located on property owned by the Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort is considered to be in Snowbird, everything else is in the Town of Alta.
4. There are hotels located at the base of each area. The homes and condominiums are spread between the two with some being closer to Alta's base and some closer to Snowbird. As Snowbird is downhill many properties are ski in/ski out to Snowbird...this doesn't mean that Alta is far, only that it is uphill.
5. Most of the condominiums and homes at Alta are a walk or short shuttle ride to the base lifts with a ski home, or close to home.
6. Everything is relatively close together.
In an effort to help explain this, we contracted to have an aerial flyover of the area so that guests could see the location of properties in relation to the ski areas. Take a few minutes to check out this video and please call us if you have any questions!