Once you are at Alta and Snowbird, there is no need for a vehicle. There are very easy ways to get around the ski areas, during the day or in the evening.
Free Day Alta Resort Shuttle
(Within Alta along Bypass Road during daytime hours)
The Alta Free Resort Shuttle runs continually during the daytime (8:30am to 5:00pm) from mid-December (12/17/21) until to mid-April (4/10/22). This shuttle stops at all of the accommodations and brings guests to and from Alta’s base lifts. This shuttle does NOT go to Snowbird. Please contact (801) 301-0122.
Insider tip: You can always use this Shuttle as well to go to Snowbird by hopping off at The View Condominiums stop and skiing down the intermediate ski trail to Snowbird.
- Superior Point
- Sugarplum Townhouses
- Upper & Lower Sugarplum Village
- Sugarplum Meadows
- The View Condominiums
- Powder Ridge Alta Chalets
- Private Homes
- PhotoHaus Condominums (by request)
UTA Ski Bus
(Servicing Alta to Snowbird during daytime hours)
The Utah Transportation Authority (UTA) offers public bus service from the Salt Lake Valley and within Alta and Snowbird from 11/29/20 to 4/18/21. Bus service within Alta and Snowbird is free.
Helpful Hint: Be sure to text UTA-UTA (882-882) with your six digit stop number (posted at bus stop) for the next three real-time departure times from that location. Weather and traffic may affect accuracy.
Reasons you would use the UTA bus may be if you are staying on the Bypass Road and you are beginner and you want to go to Snowbird to snowboard for example, or if you are skiing at Snowbird and you miss the last chair of the day and need to get back to the Bypass Road.
Stops Within Alta and Snowbird: (Rides within this zone are free)
- Snowbird Entrance 1 (Near Creekside Cafe and Grill)
- Snowbird Entrance 2 (Near Iron Blosam Lodge)
- Snowbird Entrance 2 (At Snowbird Center)
- Snowbird Entrance 4 (At Cliff Lodge)
- Alta Bypass Road (Near Blackjack Road Entrance)
- Alta (Near Alta Peruvian Lodge)
- Alta Collins Base Area Parking Lot
- Alta (Near Shallow Shaft)
- Alta (Near Rustler Lodge)
- Alta (Near Snowpine Lodge)
- Alta Sunnyside Base Area Parking Lot