You are here

Arrival Information - FAQs

How do I access my rental property?
Access codes will be sent to you through the Alta Chalets app at 4pm the day before your arrival. Your caretakers will contact you a few days prior to check in with you to see if there are any last minute questions or concerns. Once you leave the airport, please contact them to let them know that you are on your way so they can coordinate check in and your arrival to Alta.

• The View – 801-742-2728
• Superior Point – 801-518-6720
• Powder Ridge – 801-518-6720
• Manley, Creekside, Cabin, and Chalet Day Johns – 801-518-6720
• Wildcat Chalet – 801-664-1314

Where do I park my vehicle on arrival?
When you call your caretaker at the airport, they will make plans to do your orientation and official check in to the property. They will instruct you on where and how to park for your specific unit. You must display a pink Alta Chalets parking permit on the rearview mirror of your rental car. There is no charge for parking anywhere in Little Cottonwood Canyon.

Can I check in early? Stay late?
Sometimes our guests will ask for a different check in/out time other than our standard 4pm check in and 10am check out. We will put the request onto your reservation but it is always on request basis only. It is based on a number of different factors: housekeeping schedules, weather and other Alta Chalets reservations in house at the time. Please contact us directly so we can assess what this may look like for you.

What is my Wifi Network and Password?
This information is sent to you through the Alta Chalets app at 4pm on your arrival day.

How do I get to Alta and Snowbird from my rental unit?
We have a write up on how to get to the resort areas from each specific property. Click on the link for the property you are staying at to get further information.
Powder Ridge
The View Condominiums
Superior Point
Private Homes

Can I buy alcohol in Utah?
The answer is absolutely yes ... even on Sunday. Like other major cities, Salt Lake has bars, brewpubs, and restaurants that serve alcohol seven days a week. The "membership requirement" to enter bars was removed in 2009. If you're over 21 you can walk into a bar, order a drink, and enjoy. You have to buy wine, full strength beer and hard liquor at a Utah State Liquor Store (see grocery stores for locations). You can buy 3.2% beer at the regular grocery store.

Can you recycle at Alta?
Due to the unique challenges of Alta's weather and location, no recycling pick up service exists. However, if you have a vehicle and would like to recycle, you can take it to the Alta Recycling Center, which is on the north side of the main road, down canyon from the post office/fire station. It is across the street from the parking lot west of the Rustler Lodge. The recycling center accepts newspaper, plastics (including plastic bags), steel cans, cardboard, cereal boxes, aluminum cans, tin cans, all paper, milk jugs and soap boxes. It does not accept glass.